Dat pale skin doe.
Kevin approached me about setting up a formal event at our gym. I decided to throw caution, and at times judgment, to the wind and lead the charge. Weeks of planning lead to the following. On October 24th our gym looked like this:
On October 25th 2014 our gym looked like this...
Our gym after...
We had over 80 athletes participate, and you can see some of the glory in the video below
At the last minute, my dumb ass decided to jump in and do the workout.
I finished in 2:59. Far from a PR, but not bad for no warm-up and about :30 notice.
Booby cupcakes. Part of our hugely successful bake sale.
I cannot say enough good things about these people. These three coaches busted their asses every day to make this event and campaign a huge success. It showed in the turnout, the money raised and the fun had. I am eternally grateful to Stacey, Rob and Suzy.
Me, Sean, Nichole, Jenny and my mother Cathy. It was amazing to have my family work so hard on the event from judging to donating.
My 7:30 classers! They all did amazing and PR'd their Grace times. Their accomplishments almost overshadowed the rest of the event. I am beyond proud of all these fantastic athletes.
$4,649. We raised over $4600 dollars!
Here are all the people I need to thank:
- Volunteers - to all those who stayed late on a Friday night to tape bumper plates, clean, move equipment, judged athletes, hang streamers, etc... Your work is appreciated and every bit helped make the event a success
- My team - Rob, Suzy, Kevin and Stacey, you guys were the heart and soul of this event and this success lies with you. I had a crazy idea that ended up being far better than I could have ever hoped and you all deserve a round of applause
- Bakers - to those who made baked goods and those who sold them, you helped us get our sweet fix after a workout and helped us raise over $200 just on cookies and pies. A truly remarkable effort.
- Kevin - for trusting me to see this through and all your help and guidance
- Athletes - To everyone who walked through that door and hoisted a barbell over head 30 times, you are heroes. You did something that is hard, and you did it for a great cause. It was inspiring to watch many of you hit PRs and push yourselves past your limits.
- Donors - to those who gave any amount of money, I am forever in your debt. Your contributions are helping almost 60 men and women receive free breast cancer screenings. This is a very real community effort that you are responsible for.
Thank you again to everyone. I had an absolute blast, and here's hoping we can do far better next year!